We always tell you to install the latest operating system and app updates on iPhone and Android to enjoy the newest features and ensure that you have access to the latest security upgrades and bug fixes. But every once in a while, an app update might wreak havoc on devices, as it happened a few months ago when an Android System Webview update crashed all sorts of Google apps on Android phones. That’s the rare case where we’d advise against updating the app. It’s now that we tell you not to update the Google app on your Android device to version 220.127.116.11, as it contains a bug that leads to similar app crashes. It’s not just the Google app that will crash, but also other Google apps that are directly connected to it, including Google Assistant, Lens, Podcasts, and the Discover feed on the homescreen. Multiple devices are impacted, including Pixel, Samsung, and Motorola phones.
If you’ve already installed the buggy update, then there are a few ways to fix the problem and prevent the apps from crashing.
BEST PRIME DAY DEALS:
Amazon eGift Card — FREE $10 credit with coupon code GCPRIME2021
Apple AirPods Pro
Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa Voice…
iRobot Roomba i4+ (4552) Robot Vacuum with Automat…
Today's Top Deals
- Unreal Prime Day deal gets you a MyQ smart garage opener and a $40 Amazon credit for $17
- Amazon just announced a ton of new deals for day 2 of Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: See hundreds of the best deals right here
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
Trending Right Now:
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- These 12 new iOS 15 features will make your iPhone so much better