Neil deGrasse Tyson will indeed return to his regularly scheduled programming.
The astrophysicist’s work on National Geographic Channel’s “StarTalk” and “Cosmos” revival will resume now that the network has concluded its investigation into sexual misconduct claims against Tyson.
“‘StarTalk’ will return to the air with the remaining 13 episodes in April on National Geographic, and both Fox and National Geographic are committed to finding an air date for ‘Cosmos,’” the network said in a statement published by Variety. “There will be no further comment.”
Both shows have been in limbo for months following accusations of inappropriate behaviour levied by two women. Bucknell University’s Dr. Katelyn N. Allers claimed Tyson groped her in 2009. His former assistant, Ashley Watson, said Tyson repeatedly made inappropriate sexual advances toward her.
“Cosmos: Possible Worlds” was expected to air March 3 on Fox and March 4 on Nat Geo. Those have plans have since been scrapped as the two networks settle on new premiere dates.
Tyson previously denied the allegations against him and welcomed an investigation into the claims.