So far, the owners of more than 293,000 Twitter accounts have "liked" a tweet from Tesla CEO Elon Musk that he posted earlier this month, wherein he shared a brutal, 6-word takedown of Prime Video's staggeringly expensive The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series. That tweet read, simply, "Tolkien is turning in his grave."
There was, predictably, a flood of the usual news and bloggy coverage about Elon's tweet, as is always the case. The Elon fanboys whooped, cheering him on. His detractors huffed that he ought to stick to cars and rockets, and leave reviewing TV shows to Very Serious People. I'm not going to say whether one or the other is correct, but I'll just add this: I've given The Rings of Power prequel series, set thousands of years before the events depicted in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies, enough of a chance.
I'm now 4 episodes in (#5 is streaming on Prime Video as of Friday, September 23). And all I can say is ... Elon called it. I am Bored. Out. Of. My. Mind.
The post Prime Video’s The Rings of Power is boring me out of my mind appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you can’t miss on Sunday: FREE Echo Dot, huge AirPods sale, LED lighting, more
- Best Apple Watch deals and sales for September 2022
Trending Right Now:
- New Netflix releases: 6 movies and shows everyone will be talking about next week
- Mind-blowing iPhone feature in iOS 16 triggers alerts when your phone hears certain sounds
- Finally, a new Netflix reality series that isn’t cringey and awful