Sony's PlayStation 5 was a formidable next-generation console at launch, but there was one glaring omission. Unlike on the Xbox Series X, it wasn't initially possible to upgrade the PS5's storage with an M.2 solid-state drive. A slot for the drive is built into every console, but Sony explained that in order to use it, PS5 owners would need to wait for a software update. This week, the update finally landed, and now anyone can expand the storage on their PS5 with the SSD slot.
Today's Top Deal
The post Sony’s major PS5 update unlocks SSD slot for increased game storage appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- This $11 Amazon deal for air fryers is the real hero in my kitchen
- Bed sheets with 75,000 5-star reviews are $18 at Amazon, today only
- PS5 restock update: Hidden Amazon PlayStation 5 listings are in stock
- Hidden Amazon deal slashes Apple’s Mac mini price to $599.99
Trending Right Now:
- You might not realize the IRS still owes you a $1,600 stimulus check – here’s how to find out
- Pulse-pounding thrillers are dominating Netflix today – watch these 4 titles now
- Reliable Marvel insider confirms this big ‘Hawkeye’ spoiler is real